Chick hasn't internally pipped on day 22

Just so you know, you can still hear them cheeping even if they haven't started breathing and are still completely inside the egg with no broken membranes. That's how mine was, too! I got it to cheep by tapping on the egg. Let me know how it turns out!
I don't think they can vocalize without air in their lungs and sacs.

I don't think they can vocalize without air in their lungs and sacs.
Well mine was. :confused:

According to this post they can, too, but unfortunately the link just takes me to the beginning of a massive thread, and not directly to the post, so I can't see what it says about it.
Screenshot_20200313-120025_kindlephoto-101225573.png

Last edited:
I am in the current situation. I have three eggs in lockdown it is day 23. 2 are Ayam Cemani and one is a LO one of the Ayam finally pipped but then stopped. The LO is moving but no pip and other I don’t see movement or pip. Can someone offer positive reassurance. I just had 6 ducks which one made it. My temp and humidity have been good.

Right so, this morning I checked up on him and still nothing, i had enough so I did the procedure you described. There's no beak facing the air cell, but I can see his hips and the feet so I think he is really just upside down. I removed most of the membrane and applied styptic powder to stop the bleeding, he is movingmore freely now. I left him in the incubator, we'll see if he can get out on his own

Did the chick end up okay?

I’m currently in the same situation. Midi night will strike day 23 for one of my eggs. I heard cheating in the incubator. Then placed the egg under one of my hopeful broody hens. I checked two hours ago and I could see the chick moving in the egg. It was an odd shaped air sac so I peeled a little bit of the shell off right above the membrane between the chick and the shell. Then I doused the membrane lightly witH warm water. I’m curious of what to do next. I don’t want to poke a hole in the membrane as I can still see many veins.

I’m currently in the same situation. Midi night will strike day 23 for one of my eggs. I heard cheating in the incubator. Then placed the egg under one of my hopeful broody hens. I checked two hours ago and I could see the chick moving in the egg. It was an odd shaped air sac so I peeled a little bit of the shell off right above the membrane between the chick and the shell. Then I doused the membrane lightly witH warm water. I’m curious of what to do next. I don’t want to poke a hole in the membrane as I can still see many veins.
What did you do next and how did it go?

Back
Top Bottom