chick hatched alone

this one

Attachments

• 80380598-D693-46AB-8D4D-4B377343F3C7.jpeg
    80380598-D693-46AB-8D4D-4B377343F3C7.jpeg
    639.4 KB · Views: 18
I had a chick hatch. She hatched alone as the others died. long story short:
91E772C6-8E8D-44C2-8E3B-402F55AD19BB.jpeg Miss broody Chloe(right) had to share her eggs with miss broody Raven(left). Raven killed them.

She is alright. 12.5 weeks now. I suggest getting a friend though, ours did. She’s still a loner because her mama didn’t like the black chicks.

Beautiful baby... What breed?
I had a lone chick too. Currently 12 days old. It's getting along fine, with a lot of attention.
Are you going to raise the little one alone, or get it some other chicks to grow with? Both are viable options depending on your situation.
coturnix..this chick hatched in my homemade incubator and what i've discovered is that as quail being a hardy bird even the eggs are so hardy..power went out for 2 hrs on day 15,16 and hatch day..but still she made it..there was even already pip when power went out..( i did prayed to God a lot though)

well i think i will raise him alone as i wanted to be my pet i named her 'struggy'😁 can you please tell me how do i make sure she eats and drink?and when will she start drinking an eating?

I had a chick hatch. She hatched alone as the others died. long story short:
View attachment 2279132Miss broody Chloe(right) had to share her eggs with miss broody Raven(left). Raven killed them.

She is alright. 12.5 weeks now. I suggest getting a friend though, ours did. She’s still a loner because her mama didn’t like the black chicks.
i am not sure about getting her a friend as i really wanted her to be my pet bird😁..but idk i might change my mind

i am not sure about getting her a friend as i really wanted her to be my pet bird😁..but idk i might change my mind
Ah your pet! I have a chicken who acts like a dog. Follows me around and everything. Comes running when she sees me. Good pet. I just had to put her outside because her poop is bigger than the average chicken 😅.
Pic of my girl. Doing well alone. Tried putting her with the others and she hated it.
A95DC037-9FB9-4BA1-BC3B-C6326EB9D3A1.jpeg

coturnix..this chick hatched in my homemade incubator and what i've discovered is that as quail being a hardy bird even the eggs are so hardy..power went out for 2 hrs on day 15,16 and hatch day..but still she made it..there was even already pip when power went out..( i did prayed to God a lot though)

well i think i will raise him alone as i wanted to be my pet i named her 'struggy'😁 can you please tell me how do i make sure she eats and drink?and when will she start drinking an eating?
Beautiful and strong! A wonderful baby you have there!

I have not raised quail but I imagine it is similar to peeps and keets-
I looked it up to make sure!
Just have food and water ready in the brooder. For water, you will have to dip the beak and show it. (I like to dip my finger and offer it to the babies that way, then lead them to the water.) The baby should eat on its own. Might not eat or drink right away, so don't worry if it takes a while! (My chick took almost a day to eat, then almost another whole day to drink!)

Beautiful and strong! A wonderful baby you have there!

I have not raised quail but I imagine it is similar to peeps and keets-
I looked it up to make sure!
Just have food and water ready in the brooder. For water, you will have to dip the beak and show it. (I like to dip my finger and offer it to the babies that way, then lead them to the water.) The baby should eat on its own. Might not eat or drink right away, so don't worry if it takes a while! (My chick took almost a day to eat, then almost another whole day to drink!)
thanks a lot got that👌🏻👌🏻

Back
Top Bottom