Chick hatched with no eyes!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would wait and see what happens. It might get around and eat just fine. Last week I had one of my chicks born with an open wound on its head. I could not tell
if it hurt its head being born or if its brain was exposed and didnt develop correctly. It had trouble walking at first but it was eating and drinking. Now the thing looks like a tumor
or something but it is still alive eating and drinking. It is a little unstable when it walks but it gets around fine. Just give it time to see how it gets around and if it eats and drinks.

DO NOT CULL!!!!!!

This chick can have a happy life, please, PLEASE do NOT cull.
hit.gif

There is a chance of happiness, and a chance of not being happy.
If you cull, you will never know what could have happened.
Please, just take the chance of survival.

that is ridiculous that you all would cull for no reason
it might be able to find its food and water and being blind is not pain full
lots of animals live blind

I would just wait and see if he/she is getting food and water. Maybe you could put out more food and watering stations if they are in a large area so that he/she will "happen upon them" more readily. I would not cull until it is obvious that the bird is not eating and drinking and is likely suffering. Keep us posted

PLEEZE DONT CULL!!!!!! at least give it a chance. dip its beak in some water and see if he/she drinks. only cull if the poor thing is realy suffering. can you post some pics?

Yall dont understand! Whats the quality of life for that poor little guy? He wont be able to locate food and water and will probably starve to death. You could just put it in a bag and smash it with a heavy brick. Sorry..... I hate culling. Plus, you dont want to pass on those genes. And this is big enough of a reason to cull anyways...... its not like your culling for no reason......

fwiw, i wouldnt cull. i would play it by ear. buuttt you are the one having to take care of this baby, so its ultimately up to you.

You'll have to follow your own heart and instinct in the end. The most important questions to ask are whether the chick is suffering and what your own limitations are. We can tell you our personal opinions, beliefs and experiences, but your situation is your own and the decision about what to do will have to be yours too.

Me? I don't equate disability with low quality of life.

wow... what a tough decision.... I truly feel for you and the decisions you have to make... spend some time with the chick... it will give you the answer that is needed... keeping you in my thoughts...and what ever decision you make, I know that it was the right one for YOU... if you didnt care you wouldnt be here posting about it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom