Chick in need of help

Best I can tell her vent is open I’ve watched her have some water poops nothing that looks normal or solid yet. As small as she is I think this is the navel I’m having trouble seeing with the swelling and her squirming. Looking at the picture again it appears something is coming out
I know, they are so tiny, it's hard to see. Having a helper would be good.
Look at her tummy. I'm afraid that her navel is open. If it is, then clean that with an anti-septic (chlorhexidine, betadine if you have it). Apply triple antibiotic ointment or bacitracin.

Sometimes if the navel is open they can get infection, the chick may fail to thrive (more is wrong with them/developmental issues). Sometimes that heals fine.

Attachments

• 311302A1-0AF8-4CDB-B995-4B80A9AA900C.jpeg
    311302A1-0AF8-4CDB-B995-4B80A9AA900C.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 4
  • B1DD2320-9BEC-409A-B0CA-031D61D08B14.jpeg
    B1DD2320-9BEC-409A-B0CA-031D61D08B14.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 5
Here is a better

Her is a better picture she is upside down and head down, there is a scab falling off and hopefully you can see the rest
Don't pull the scab. That is her navel.
The vent doesn't look quite right either - is she able to poop?

I would clean the navel as mentioned above. Some people do place a bandaid over the navel too - I'm on the fence about that, if it were to be pulled, then there's a chance the force could pull out intestines. I don't mean to be graphic, but just so you know.

Don't pull the scab. That is her navel.
The vent doesn't look quite right either - is she able to poop?

I would clean the navel as mentioned above. Some people do place a bandaid over the navel too - I'm on the fence about that, if it were to be pulled, then there's a chance the force could pull out intestines. I don't mean to be graphic, but just so you know.
Thanks I didn’t notice her naval when giving her a look over. I’ve got some great medical grade non sting antiseptic cleaner I’ll gentle wipe off her naval and add some triple antibiotic cream.

As for pooping, I’ve watched her have a few clear water poops, she is drinking a lot and only nibbling on food.

Well

well if it any indication she won’t hush lol she’s moving around more. Should I put her back in the brooder with the rest of them?
Her balance and wobbling is a lot better. She’s running and climbing on everything..
Is that navel healing?
It's good that she's moving around.
How is she doing with eating/drinking?
Poop better and formed?

Is that navel healing?
It's good that she's moving around.
How is she doing with eating/drinking?
Poop better and formed?
She is eating ok and drinking fine, I still don’t see any regular poop in the box, so I’ll have to guess she still has runny watery style. I’ll keep watching for a normal one.

Back
Top Bottom