Chick integration

I was gonna say something like @aart about the 2x4’s. There is NO way I would spent $34 dollars for that kind of lumber. They aren’t even true 2x4s anymore. Whoever posted that add is so cute 🤣. I would look for a Lowes, Menards, Ace Hardware, anything like that for the lumber.

This is at my local Menards for a 2x4 6’. A 20’ is only like $20.

Attachments

• 2DEB61F5-3696-4F7C-B488-2EEFDE315959.jpeg
    2DEB61F5-3696-4F7C-B488-2EEFDE315959.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 1
I was gonna say something like @aart about the 2x4’s. There is NO way I would spent $34 dollars for that kind of lumber. They aren’t even true 2x4s anymore. Whoever posted that add is so cute 🤣. I would look for a Lowes, Menards, Ace Hardware, anything like that for the lumber.

This is at my local Menards for a 2x4 6’. A 20’ is only like $20.
Ohh yeah Aaace I forgot about them. They are two cities away same county though. Thanks, Chica!

I bought 2 8 ft 2x2s and reinforced/screwed them together for one wide roost. At lowes they were only $2 each! DHs idea and it worked great. They are flush against each other and painted over so absolutely no crack between them.
Ace was mentioned here and I am glad because I forget about that lil store. 😁.

Plus there is one old country hardware store in the lil nearby town. Hubs says they have 'em too. Stuff been in there so long there is dirty dust on the products 😂

Thanks for sharing

My babies are STILL not roosting. I am thinking no need to worry just let them be.
I only had 10, and placed them on the roost every night for 2 weeks until they started doing it on their own.

The family farm we had almost 40 chicks. No way were we going to put them all on roost every night. A few decided to fly to the rafters to roost on their own, most now roost on one of the medium high roost bars, and a few like the low bar. They all eventually started roosting somewhere, it just took quite a bit of time.

Back
Top Bottom