Chick lethartic, sleepy

Oh my, i am soo sorry for your loss!! šŸ˜­
Idk whats going on!! I just lost another this morning from a new batch. She was 6 days old. Fine yesterday morning, puffed up and standing alone last night. I brought her in, she drank some honey water and seemed ok. Then found her dead this morning. Same position as the other two, flat and splayed out on her belly with legs back. All these chicks have been from a new rooster i just started breeding this year. I wonder if its genetics or something else. I have done the same thing i did as i have last year as far as feed, heat, bedding, etc... Last year i didnt loose a single chick.
In the picture I sent, she wasn't dead but she wasn't moving.

Oh my, i am soo sorry for your loss!! šŸ˜­
Idk whats going on!! I just lost another this morning from a new batch. She was 6 days old. Fine yesterday morning, puffed up and standing alone last night. I brought her in, she drank some honey water and seemed ok. Then found her dead this morning. Same position as the other two, flat and splayed out on her belly with legs back. All these chicks have been from a new rooster i just started breeding this year. I wonder if its genetics or something else. I have done the same thing i did as i have last year as far as feed, heat, bedding, etc... Last year i didnt loose a single chick.
So sorry for your loss!

In the picture I sent, she wasn't dead but she wasn't moving.
Yeah thats how mine were. Would just lay still in my hand. :(. I hope i can get to the bottom of this. I am gonna hatch from my other roo next batch and see if there is a differnece. I am blessed tho that 11 other chicks look great

Back
Top Bottom