CHick looking up and falling upside down. Help please

Tootsie

Crowing
15 Years
Oct 13, 2008
Northern NJ
I hatched this chick a few hours ago. It started looking way up in the air and falling over upside down. The other 6 are just fine. WHat could it be? I just checked again and now it is just sitting like it is trying to do a backbend with it's head arched up as if looking up in the sky. This is my first incubator hatch.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have no answer for you. Just found a single barred rock....three days old...doing the same thing....49 others in the same brooder appear fine....

I had a couple do the same thing....come to find out, they were weak from hatching...I put some sugar in their water and within 4 hours or so they were all perked up and running around!!! I had to force them to drink the water though...about every 15 mins....good luck and keep us informed!!

Thanks so much. I did have chick vitamins in their water. This morning all seem fine, would never know there was a problem. My prayers were answered! Now if only the eggs in my friend's Top Hatch bator would hatch. They were due yesterday too but so far nothing.

Back
Top Bottom