CHICK NAMES?

If u havent found names yet, u could name them after flowers
my mom suggested a theme that i thot was kinda mean (but kinda funny)
she wanted to name them:

fried
poached
parmission (ahh i cant spell!)
omlet
alfredo
popcorn
ect.

my friends thot that was funny
lau.gif

We just hatched five chicks last night.
Two were yellow so the kids named one Buttercup and the other Sunshine.
And three were Welsummers, so they named them Chipmunk, Brownie and Hazelnut.

Lots of fun! Enjoy!
smile.png

I've just started to name mine - the first one to get a name was my first dark brahma - "Frodo" (hairy feet - seemed perfect) the second one came in a mix and I still don't know what she/he is - but it was a solid medium gray and the feathers coming on wings, tail and back are all pure white so he is "Gandalf" the gray - soon to be Gandalf the white... I just got 3 little girl DB's so they will all have hobbit names and I may just use "Merry" Pippin" and "Samwise" even of they are girls - just because (they are my only hairy/feathery leggers). May hit my SciFi favorites for other names... if I have a real runt I'll have to name it Miles.... and yeah, gonna have to be careful about naming any that may end up on the table (could use famous villens I suppose...) I suppose you could use other literary stuff - anyone into little women?

I like to pick some sort of category to name my pets from. My BF named his after various spices. JennsPeeps likes to name her girls after chicken dishes. My two are names Elinor and Marianne after the Dashwood sisters in Jane Austin's Sense and Sensibility. (One of my favorite books). Do you have a favorite book, or movie, or tv series? How about Disney characters? Talk show hosts? (Everyone needs a Regis, Tyra, or Oprah!) If you pick something you love it's easier (and fun) to come up with names.

Our chicks are 2 weeks old and so far I've only named the youngest, Baby. I think I'm going to wait until I can positively sex them before I name the rest. Unfortunately the city I live in does not allow roosters, and its going to be hard enough to get rid of any if I have to, so naming them right now isn't high on my priority list. Right now I just call them girls.

Back
Top Bottom