CHICK NAMES?

I have been trying to think of names for my girls too! So far I have come up with Henrietta, Ms. Cluckers, Queenie (for the top hen), Frenchie, Evie, Chicklette, and I am still thinking.....
wink.png

I name my chicks/chickens by personality or color somtimes.

I have Momma hen, Best momma hen to chicks she will take all chicks of all ages.

I have Marshmellow she is white and puffy and her name fits her well.

I have Sandy she is a Buff silkie pullet and is the same color of Sand.

Peppa is my gray hen she reminds me of Pepper.

I have Snowball she got her name because I found her in the snow almost frozen to death..LOL Sad way to get your name.

Little gurl and pretty gurl are twins almost I can only tell them apart from there Size One girl is smaller. So Thats how they got there names Little gurl is the smaller and Pretty gurl is Prettier as in feathering then Little gurl.

Just watch your chicks personalities somtimes its hard to name them that way but I have found it sooner or later all Chickens kinda name themselfs from things that they do or look like as they grow. I never name Younger chicks under 3 months. Good luck!

I named our silkie Rocky because all the other silkies passed and he/she survived. Of course Rocky needed friends, so I got more chicks!
barnie.gif

One is named "Frenchie" because it is a Mille Fleur d'Uccle. Sounded French ... so that is it's name!
gig.gif

One of my Golden Comets is "Spot" because she will sit in my lap and nap. Kinda reminded me of a puppy.
idunno.gif

My roos are Mr. Big and Buddy. One is a show off - Mr Big and the other is a sweetie - Buddy.

My others don't have names yet. I like to see their personalities before I name them. Oh and their sex!
wink.png

Here is a link with some more ideas for you ....
https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=8324-names

We just got our 10 chicks.
my son was eating a red cherry sucker and named one rhode island red - Cherry...(he is 4, so that was too cute)

one is franny feathers, aka franny after my grandmother frances who passed back in dec.

one uncle wayne (my son named her as well b/c we had franny and my uncle passed away scuba diving last year) - so yes, a boy name, but a girl chicken.

then one is roberta. she is roberta because my father in law - bob (robert) helped me build my coop, so it is a dedication to him.

the others...i am letting personalities shine and letting my nephews name a few.

good luck. it is fun!

okay here was the list my husband gave me when i asked him to come up with names for our 15

scrambled
chicken little
omelet
breakfast
lunch
dinner
clucker
no-no as one keeps pooping on his best friends head
prissy

have fun naming them

My grandfather had a farm, cows, goats, a whole bunch of chickens and a million and one cats. His tame roosters--the ones that sat on his lap- were named:

Matthew
Mark
Luke
and John, of course.

My aunt had a cat named: Jesus ( what else?
gig.gif
)
My brother and I were not allowed to call that cat!!

And yes, they are all from Pennsylvania Dutch stock...

Was any of that helpful???
tongue.png

My mother reminded me that Grandpop had all the Apostles.

Following along with the odd naming tradition: ALL of his cows were named Bessie. And every dog he had was named Tippy--but that was easy since he only had one dog at a time. Probably too busy feeding all those cats!!

Back
Top Bottom