CHICK NAMES!!!

ChickensOfPanem

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 22, 2012
Lost in my books...
Hi!! I'm getting chicks in a two weeks and have nothing to name them!!!
hit.gif

Do you have any ideas?

(Pictures might be nice to associate breeds with names)

hugs.gif

Well, I’ve got a few name ideas: Snowbell, Moonberry, Puff, Marshmallow, Hazel, Lucy, Blossom, Sunflower. I have three chicks named after Lord of the Rings characters. They are Arwen, Eowyn, and Galadriel. also one named Angel, a fluffy white one.

Last edited:
We always pick out names prior to getting our chicks, only to change them later to fit their personalities...lol! You could always search the baby name sites, or like Angelwings said, you could name them after favorite movie or t.v characters.

Good luck with your new chicks and the name game.
smile.png

I like naming pets after TV show characters. Some ideas I've been toying with for my own upcoming chicks:

Blanche, Rose, Sophia, Dorothy and a Roo named Stan Zbornak, lol, snort

Phoebe, Rachel, Monica, and a Roo named Chandler (or Ross or Joey, of course!)

Buffy, Willow, Zander, etc.

Brie, Susan, Lynette, etc. and a Roo named Carlos, cuz that would be a killer name for a Roo!

Just choose from your favorite shows!

All of my animals, including my chicks, are named after musicians. In order of appearance:

Leonard (Bernstein) - cat
Emmylou (Harris) - cat
Dolly (Parton) - dog

Chicks I got last Saturday:
Whitney (Houston)
Loretta (Lynn)
Patty (Griffin)

RIR I'm getting tomorrow will be June (Carter-Cash)

I guess I've been looking into Greek goddesses and myths hoping to find a name and I've found Nyx and Andromeda. Amdromeda (Americauna chick) was a princess whose parents sacrificed her to a sea monster and then was saved by Perseus. Nyx (Marans chick) was the greek goddess of night.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom