Chick not doing well

Skye727

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 20, 2014
Sandy, oregon
My little chick hatched last night in the brooder at about 7 pm. I left her in there until this morning when I put her with mama. She wasn't totally dry but I couldn't leave her in there alone while I was at work all day. She was pretty wobbly when she went in. Now she seems like she's in distress. Her head is wobbly and she is raggedy looking. It looks like Mama might have stepped on her. Her legs are straight back. It's weird. Should she go in a brooder alone or should I leave her with Mama? Also, I had 3 out of 7 hatch. Today is day 22. They are cochin bantams. Should I worry about that?

some chicks are just destined to die but you should leaver her and mum will do all that can be done to save her

good luck

I feel awful! I can't handle animals dying! I always feel like it's my fault. We had that one in the incubator so my son could watch a chick hatch. I was hoping it would be his chicken. I had 3 out of 7 eggs hatch. :-( that means those ones died in the egg.

You could feed her some yolk or I give weak chicks a runny mixture of yogurt, mashed boiled yolk, brewers yeast, and vitamin water... perks them right up! I hope she'll be okay!

That is so sad when I got my first 4 my favourite died so now I only have three

Back
Top Bottom