Chick Not Eating

4ForAdventure

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 3, 2013
Colorado
Hi, we got our first 8 chicks today and 1 Americauna isn't eating or drinking. It's just been standing there with its eyes closed, still breathing and all. Help ASAP would be much appreciated. Thank you very much

Hi there, Have you tried dipping it's beak into the water? They need a lot of assistance sometimes. A small dropperful of water in the mouth may help - persistence! If it cannot/will not eat or drink, it will die in short order. I have my fingers crossed for ya,
fl.gif

Awesome, I'm shocked by the results! I got some electrolyte water down its throat, and it seems to be perking up. Once again, thank a ton

I hope it pulls through. I lost two babies within 24 hrs of getting them. Same symptoms but I used a dropper and gave the electrolyte water
Good luck I hope all is well

Thanks everyone for your advice! We did everything we could, but it wouldn't keep food or even water down. Maybe it was underdeveloped either in its brain or digestive tract. Anyway, I guess that's why we bought more chicks than we're planning on keeping. Thanks again everyone!

Back
Top Bottom