Chick not growing, otherwise fine, blue veins(?) above eyes, bald patches

Gleefuul1e12

Hatching
Oct 4, 2023
IMG_20231002_210230.jpg

Hi!
I just got back from a five month trip for my work and met all my new chicks. This one is five months old, but looks much younger. She is active and energetic, but very tiny and all of her siblings are developing in a proper rhythm. Also, a while back her mom bit her on the head, so my family brought her inside for treatment, then her mom wouldn't take her back, so I guess she's an indoor chicken now.
I'm troubled because she's not growing. Also, she has some bald patches where her feathers should grow. Some have grown, in other places they haven't. This is only on her neck and back. Also, I'm curious about the vein-y thingies above her eyes. Like swollen vein eyebrows. Is
I've never seen this before, any ideas? She's on chick feed, takes vitamins, has free range time and her choice of kitchen scraps.

She/he looks very sweet. Even if you can’t determine exactly what is happening with her/him (the skull does look deformed to me), you’re at least giving your chick a chance. I really hope you find some answers, and I wish the best for you and your little one. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom