chick not seeming to thrive like the others

Thank you :) They didnt go for the egg. I was thinking about the electrolyte in the water too. She seems like shes coming around. I see her eat. I havent seen her drink on her own but that doesnt mean shes not. We havent really bonded, me and these little ones. Im missing the mark there somehow. I try to move slow, reach in from the side, nut may times I just need to reach in from the top because of the size of the brooder. I've had to handle them on my schedule, not being able to wait for them to come to me, so I can understand their hesitancy. I'm not really concerned with that tho. I put some play sand in a box. Sounds like they discovered that. They woke me up this morning going to town with it. Im gonna swap out the newspaper bedding and put sand in it. Think thatll make them happier and the grit should be helpful to start offering treats and work on bonding. They seem like theyre ok. Still waitng for the sickipoo to come back to her old self, but she seems like shes coming around. Good morning everyone.

I had a very tiny chick that was refusing to eat, could barely keep on its feet. I crumbled up some tofu and sprinkled some Poultry Nutri0drench over it and fed that for a couple weeks, and the chick loved it, gained strength and began to grow. Here's a pic. The others were very protective of it.

Last edited:
Great to hear. :) Thanks. Hope I can find something she'll go crazy for. I cant keep buying new stuff for them. Just lost my job last week and my pocket is on E. They, the dogs, and cats have a bigger food supply than I do right now lol. I did get here take some corid water and I did see her take one drink on her own. I did catch her eating some, and who knows what she does on her own. I can just stand there constantly. Shes hanging on.
Fingers crossed everything works out, on several levels. :)

Back
Top Bottom