Chick not sleeping, flying against box

Try some music, soft soothing music, I have a radio out in my coop for all my big chicks, poor little guy, perhaps he's chirping so much because he is sick and is in pain that you are not aware of?

If you hold him or her does it stop chirping? See if he stops when you hold him, if not then definitely something is wrong. Sounds like internally something may be wrong.

I did put one in and now it is using it as a platform to try to fly out of the box. Does it matter what type of stuffed animal?

I am holding it and it seems calmer, do I just hold it all night? It seems pretty warm and keeps pecking my hand.

It sounds like he's just lonely then, the stuffed animal I used was those webkidz, I beleive mine was a raccoon, yes the chickens worst night mare, ha haha, but I would sit it up on all fours so the my chicken could go underneath it. Try sitting the stuffed animal up make a little hole and put the little guy into the hole maybe he'll get the hint that it's a mommy.. What's your temp at? How old is he? perhaps the temps to high?

He's probably panting because of working himself up. If he's calmer in your hands then we need to give him something similar, something to cup him and make him feel safe and secure, if the stuffed animal doesn't work then I would try, a blanket or a small towel make a hole, have you tried the mirror?? Perhaps that might work if he see's another chick getting crazy like his is..

Back
Top Bottom