Chick order waiting crew

I just ordered mine this past Friday from Cackle Hatchery. I can hardly wait! Don't know when the ship date is yet, but hopefully I'll find out this week.

As for what I ordered. . .

11 GL Wyandotte Pullets
3 GL Wyandotte Cockerels
11 SL Wyandotte Pullets
3 SL Wyandotte Cockerels

I am so excited! Anyone else who has chicks on order as eager as I am?

Leah

Quote:
I ordered months ago from Meyer hatchery. They shipped today!

My head is going to explode waiting for them to get here!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

Hello. I am new to the board, and new to mail-order chicks. The call came from the postman at 6:40 this morning. I received my 30 Buff Orpingtons this morning and my Free Rare Chick, all in great condition. As you can see, I had no trouble picking the FRC apart. My guess is Golden Polish, but I'm not sure. He's a cutie.
whome.jpg

My wife and youngest pick ours up our yesturday afternoon, all are doing well will post pics hopefully tonight!

12 ISA Brown Layers
12 ISA Heavy Browns.

I ordered the all heavies special from MM to get started on some meat birds - they should be here the first part of next week.

Then I decided to try to add about 13 barred rocks (10 pullets and 3 roos) to keep and guess what - they were all out so I had to order another 25
wink.png
I ordered 13 barred rocks and 13 brown leghorns ( 10 pullets and 3 roos of each) and they aren't coming until August!!

My cousin wanted some more chicks and I want more also so we ordered some from Lazy Lazy 54 Farm. They are here in Oregon and my cousin has had good luck with them before.
I ordered:
3 Black Sex Links
3 Golden Sex Links
2 RIRs
2 Light Brahmas
2 Golden Laced Wayndottes
2 Araucanas

That will give us a total of 20 Birds. I let the girls pick out what they wanted to get so we will have a great mix now. I'll post pictures when we get the new chicks. They aren't supposed to get here until the end of June.
Chirp at you later,
Chris
P.S.
I forgot to say that these are pullets. The neighbors don't mind as long as we don't get any roosters.
gig.gif

Last edited:
i'm so jealous of everyone getting their chicks! i ordered my first flock last week from MPC and they won't be shipping until july 28th. IS THAT, LIKE, FOREVER OR WHAT??

3 BR
3 BO
3 RIR
3 BA
3 Partridge PR

all pullets to add to my present flock-ette of one big ol' BO hen. this is going to be the longest two months ever. i'm using my time well, though, converting our gambrel style storage shed into a hen palace and figuring out how to utterly foil all of our multitudinous predators.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had 3 orders all from the same place: Townline
Recieved 3 weeks ago:
7 black australorp pullets
1 " " roo
5 Isa Browns pullets
5 RIR pullets
1 RIR roo
5 Barred rock pullets
5 buff orpington pullets
1 cornish cross roo that was supposed to be buff O. roo
3 B.B.B's