chick starter

fishheadken

In the Brooder
Feb 12, 2018
I was reading some yesterday & in one thread I think someone stated that you do not have to feed them chick starter I realize of course that in America we can choose, I`m just looking for some assistance.

That's true. Chick starter and an all-flock feed such as Purina Flock Raiser are nearly identical, with the all-flock feed having only slightly more protein than starter.

Of course, you will need to be sure the particle size is fine enough for very tiny chicks. I've used Flock Raiser for newly hatched chicks and they did just fine with it.

Which ever version you buy, just make sure it is a crumble, not full sized pellets which the chicks will have problems consuming.

That's true. Chick starter and an all-flock feed such as Purina Flock Raiser are nearly identical, with the all-flock feed having only slightly more protein than starter.

Of course, you will need to be sure the particle size is fine enough for very tiny chicks. I've used Flock Raiser for newly hatched chicks and they did just fine with it.

Back
Top Bottom