Chick stretching neck and mouth--kind of like yawning

I did forget to include on my fist post, that when I was thinking outloud to myself about this behavior, could it be ear related as well?

Maybe DLUnicorn has some info?

mine have been doing it from time to time since they were chicks, too (they're 1yr old now) - doesn't seem to bother them, just bothers me (the worry-wart!!!).

big_smile.png

I'm glad to have found this post. One of our chicks started doing this. This is our first time having chicks and I was worried maybe the chick ate the shavings under the paper towels or something. I did massage his crop and it seems a little better.

Oh, man.... I am hesitating to post this, BUT a couple of mine do this from time to time, either on their own for no reason that I can determine,
OR
if I blow in their ear (
roll.png
yeah, I know... don't ask...)

Oh thank goodness!
wee.gif
I was so worried about my babies, they started doing this and it's my first experience with chicks. They only seem to do it when I come around, and I really do think it's them saying "Hey! Treat Lady! Treats??" :)

Thank you everyone for putting my mind at ease, two of our chicks just started doing this and the first hit on google was gapeworm. Freaked me out, good to hear that it might just be run-of-the-mill chicken weirdness.

Back
Top Bottom