Chick was eating a string

MissChicken81

Chirping
Feb 22, 2020
One of my six week Old chicks found a string From a feed bag still attached to the top of the feed bag she swallowed it it was hanging out of her mouth. I tried to slowly tug on it but it would not come out it was stuck so I clipped it offer her beak. Will this kill her she’s acting normal right now

Thank you so much !!! I usually always throw the top of the easy pull string bag away I don’t know how that one got missed. They seem to find the weirdest things to try and eat. But again thank you ! I think she swallowed so much of it that it went all the way through. Is that the right thing to do to clip it not saying that it’s ever going to happen again but just in case

It just didn’t seem like it would budge at all it seems like when I pulled it it was already in her digestive system. I hope that she will just poop it out

As long as it wasn't terribly long it may pass. The longer the piece the increased likelihood of it tangling and hanging up in there somewhere. Sometimes a foreign object like that can remain inside with no ill effects so long as it does not cause an obstruction. Only time will tell. Keep an eye on her eating and drinking habits and for lethargy.
Hope it all turns out ok!

One of my six week Old chicks found a string From a feed bag still attached to the top of the feed bag she swallowed it it was hanging out of her mouth. I tried to slowly tug on it but it would not come out it was stuck so I clipped it offer her beak. Will this kill her she’s acting normal right now
Keep an eye on her, but she should be okay. Chickens eat many weird things, and their digestive system is pretty hardy. If you haven't already, I would get your chicks grit (you can buy it at most places that sell chick food) to help her digest it. Because the string isn't sharp, it should pass through without many problems. Definitely keep an eye on her though!

Keep an eye on her, but she should be okay. Chickens eat many weird things, and their digestive system is pretty hardy. If you haven't already, I would get your chicks grit (you can buy it at most places that sell chick food) to help her digest it. Because the string isn't sharp, it should pass through without many problems. Definitely keep an eye on her though!
Ahh thank you, thank you, thank you 🙏 😊👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom