Chick will not shut up!!!

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I have a chick that hatched I think 4 days ago. It does absolutely nothing but cry!! I can't get it to stop! I'm not even sure if it is eating. It is in a brooder with 4 tuxedo quail chicks, but this chicken chick is not much bigger than they are. It doesn't act weak, so I think it is eating, but it just won't stop peeping. It is really driving me crazy. What can I do??

is it cold? is it drinking and eating? have you tried putting a feather duster or small stuff toy for a snuggle buddy in there? it may not be relating well to the quail chicks and may feel like the "odd one out". Is it pooping normally /have you checked for pasty butt? If it's crying nonstop, there is SOMETHING wrong.

Are the peeps short or long and held out. If they are held out that means thier is somthing wrong. If stops acting perky or just sits around it is sick and needs to be put down.

Im pretty new my babies are just over 2 weeks old but i found out pretty quick that the chicks don't like the dark, so if the light is off they cry, if it is too cold they cry alot . I also noticed that they kinda got there own little friends amongst the whole group. So he might just be lonely for a best bud. So the stuffed toy or feather duster is a good Idea , Just my opinion, but worth a shot. Good luck with your baby I hope he gets more comfortable so you both can rest........... again good luck
Sandy

I posted about this too a week or so ago. the chick deteriorated after the 3rd or 4th day I tried to keep it going but only delayed the inevitable. I think something is wrong with it at least that has been my experience but when I posted it others said they had a non stop chirping chick that grew out of it so who knows??? It is maddening after a while, I could hear mine all over my house there was no escaping it.

I had a psycho chick too... I put a mirror, stuffed animal amd it still peeped LOUD !!
barnie.gif
It wasn't until his friend hatched days later (Duckling) that he shut up.. Good Luck!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom