Chick with bulging eye-

Oh yes, we did flush with saline. Guess we’ll just keep doing that and adding in the Terramyacin.

Have I mentioned eyeballs make me totally squeamish?

Taking to the vet is not an option. It’s just not something we do around here.

Oh yes, we did flush with saline. Guess we’ll just keep doing that and adding in the Terramyacin.

Have I mentioned eyeballs make me totally squeamish?

Taking to the vet is not an option. It’s just not something we do around here.
Well IMO you did freakin awesome!:D Eye balls are hard to deal with (very). My eyes have been twitching since I watched that! Good job:eek: lol

The video wasn’t me. I wish ours had gone that well. Someone posted it from YouTube to show me how to do it.

I think we have to try again. I just don’t know how hard I can push on his eyeball to get out the gunk behind. It feels like we’re just going to pop the little thing right out.

The video wasn’t me. I wish ours had gone that well. Someone posted it from YouTube to show me how to do it.

I think we have to try again. I just don’t know how hard I can push on his eyeball to get out the gunk behind. It feels like we’re just going to pop the little thing right out.
Sometimes we HAVE to do things that we are afraid to do. Afterwards no matter how it goes we know we did it out of love. Many people for many different reasons cannot get to a vet. There’s situations where we need to help them somehow.
Ya know if I had to run down to the store to get antibiotics it would take me 6 hours-round trip. So do the best you can with what you’ve got. And we’ll be sayin prayers for you and your chick. Best wishes

Good job! I believe it was @azygous who, in a different thread about a swollen eye, said that you'd be surprised how much a chicken's eye can move around in their head. Keep doing what you're doing. Try to get all the pus out and keep putting the terramyacin on daily. You're doing great!!

Back
Top Bottom