Chick with diarrhea

Nortiz

Hatching
Sep 4, 2022
Hi I’m a new chicken owner and new to this site and have very little knowledge on chicks. I Have been treating my 3 week old chicks with CORID (in water) for 2 weeks. We are at the end of week 2, all doing much better except 1 still has diarrhea. She is eating/drinking and active. What is recommended?

1) should I isolate her and continue dosing her? If so, what’s the recommended dosage?

2)keep everyone together and extend treatment to everyone?

Also, have read it’s recommended to use nutri drench after CORID treatment. Any info on this too would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thank you!

AB0EB5CC-56A4-4E01-A78C-2B6DE51FF9B2.jpeg

First of all, I would like to welcome you to chicken raising. I have not treated youngins' with Corid before, just my older pullets.
Have you tried a chick grit?
What are they eating?
What color was the poo before you started the Corid?
Is the poo in the pic worm free?

First of all, I would like to welcome you to chicken raising. I have not treated youngins' with Corid before, just my older pullets.
Have you tried a chick grit?
What are they eating?
What color was the poo before you started the Corid?
Is the poo in the pic worm free?
Thank you!. I initially stopped grit because of diarrhea but have been adding grit occasionally to their feed for the last week.
Feeding organic chick feed 20% protein.
Stool was a darker color and had form to it.
I don’t know if it’s work free. How would I know if it has worms? I havent noticed anything and I have been closely watching the stools and cleaning the enclosure every day to every other day.
Thanks

That actually looks like cecal poop which is usually a very sticky goo like texture and can range in color from light brown to black. Diarrhea in chickens is usually more watery.
Oh. I’m not familiar with that. I’ll have to look that up. Her stool has been pretty watery mostly.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom