Chick with Grey Eyes

sherylreno

Songster
8 Years
May 13, 2011
Reno, Nevada
I have a chicken less than 3 months old with Grey eyes. She eats just fine and nothing else seems to be wrong with her other than having a dirty bottom quite often. Has anyone heard of this before? She's a Marans and I know she should have orange eyes by now.

If she has diarrhea, troubled bowel movement or is unable to poop properly then that would be a cause for concern.
It could simply be very recessive genes affecting the eye color pigmentation.

Though, as you states in your first post, she often has a dirty bottom, which tells me that she has trouble pooping or is simply pooping too much.

Can you post a picture of her eyes? Is it her iris or pupils that are Grey or both? You might want to look up ocular Mareks disease and see if the eye looks like one with ocular Mareks. As far as I know besides blindness and cataracts as with old age OCULAR MAREKS disease is the only disease that will turn a eye Grey. Has her eyes ever been normal? Did they just turn Grey or have they always been this way? Have you noticed if her pupils are miss shapened? Or are they still round? It would be very helpful if you could post a picture.im not saying she has Mareks I'm just saying it could be a possibility if the eyes are turning Grey. I wish you the best and do hope this helps.

Thanks realsis, I know it's not Marek's. Her eyes didn't change color when they should have. I've taken pictures but they're not turning out right, the true color isn't showing. The pupil is normal.

Back
Top Bottom