Chick with little eye

hpduck

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 23, 2013
My Buff Orpington chick, 3.5 weeks, has something wrong with her eye. It doesn't seem to be growing at the same rate as the other one. It's way smaller! She's perfectly healthy otherwise. I am concerned that it could be congenital. Could this cause long term damage of some sort? What should I do?

normal eye
little eye.

This is from last week. Sorry for the not better pics. They don't really sit well for their pictures anymore.

Can it see out of that eye? Like if you put your hand on that side of it does it react? Im sorry but i find that super fascinating. Never seen it before. It will be fine health wise im pretty sure. But yeah that is definitely a little eye.

welcome-byc.gif
It appears to be a normal eye though smaller. Things that don't match up are common in animals and people. For instance the eye doctor was telling me a lot of people have one ear higher than another but, they can adjust frames on the glasses to fit anyway. Personally I have one leg about 1/2 inch longer than the other. I am quite short and always have had to shorten jeans or pants and never could get the same measurement on both hems.

I think she can see out of it. She chirps if I swoop my hand toward her from that side so probably? I'm just worried that it won't get any bigger.

Back
Top Bottom