Chick with little no feathers and took 3 days to hatch, please help!

Charlie1147

Hatching
Jun 2, 2017
HI there, so I have this chick and I've been watching her trying to hatch for three days and she finally got out of her egg a few minutes ago, the problem is that she has little to no feathers and my broody hen won't help keep her warm. She is currently under a heatlamp wrapped in a towel and is chirping and moving. Her 3 siblings have hatched perfectly fine and she's not a premature chick so I have no idea what to do! Please help!

Attachments

• 20170602_195907.jpg
    20170602_195907.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 69
Keep her under the heat lamp! If the hen won't take her you will need to raise her yourself.
Maybe you should keep her in the house with you, if so she will be super friendly when older! Or take one of the other chicks and put them with her. She will need company. I suggest keeping her in the house. Before you do this why don't you try a little harder to get the mother to take her.

Good luck!

Keep her under the heat lamp! If the hen won't take her you will need to raise her yourself.
Maybe you should keep her in the house with you, if so she will be super friendly when older! Or take one of the other chicks and put them with her. She will need company. I suggest keeping her in the house. Before you do this why don't you try a little harder to get the mother to take her.

Good luck!
Thank you so much for your help, but she sadly died moments after I requested help. She was kicking her feet and then she suddenly stopped breathing. I do have another question if someone is willing to help, her hatch mate keeps getting wood chips in her eyes and is currently 4 days old. How do I get her to not get wood chips in her eyes?

Are these fine pine shavings? Does this chick lie down a lot? Have you watched to see how the "wood chips" are getting in the eyes of this chick?
You might want to correct the situation if you can see what's going on.

If you have some saline eye drops for humans (artificial tears), you can use them to wash the splinters away from the chick's eyes. If that doesn't work, the chick may have other problems.

Back
Top Bottom