Chick with Perosis (slipping tendon).

Big Phil

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2020
Hi all just wanted to show you my chick sling. I made this from a tall slim plant pot and a pair of my wifes socks. If you have any advise or questions please don't hesitate to post your thoughts thanks Phil.

Attachments

• 20200706_112835.jpg
    20200706_112835.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200706_112847.jpg
    20200706_112847.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200706_112942.jpg
    20200706_112942.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 13
Thank you for the photos Phil!
How is your chick doing?
Seems to be ok at the momment? We put the tendon back in place and then taped it up it seems to of held in place for now but i will check on it in 24 hours to see whats happening and the tape is not to tight.

Hi, we have a 1 week old silkie that I thought was Sprayed leg and had been treating as such. She doesn’t seem to be getting better so I began reading out and researching today and now I believe she has 2 slipped tendons. Poor girl. Now I stretched, messaged, wrapped ( I can't tell if they staying in place) and put her in a sling.

can you please tell me how your chick is doing now? Do you have any advice or pointers for me? I really don’t want her to suffer.

Attachments

• 9490FF36-C6CC-455F-ACBC-4C4C448ADD76.jpeg
    9490FF36-C6CC-455F-ACBC-4C4C448ADD76.jpeg
    418 KB · Views: 9
Hi, we have a 1 week old silkie that I thought was Sprayed leg and had been treating as such. She doesn’t seem to be getting better so I began reading out and researching today and now I believe she has 2 slipped tendons. Poor girl. Now I stretched, messaged, wrapped ( I can't tell if they staying in place) and put her in a sling.

can you please tell me how your chick is doing now? Do you have any advice or pointers for me? I really don’t want her to suffer.

Hi Daniellelyn, unfortunately our chick did not make it!😭. I think we were to late in realising the problem and unfortunately she just couldn't walk on her leg and i think she just gave up. But i can say that i have spoken to other people who have had success with this method so please don't give up hope. If you have caught the problem in time your chick has every chance and i wish you all the luck with it. Please dont hesitate to let us lnow if she makes it.🤞🤞

Hi Daniellelyn, unfortunately our chick did not make it!😭. I think we were to late in realising the problem and unfortunately she just couldn't walk on her leg and i think she just gave up. But i can say that i have spoken to other people who have had success with this method so please don't give up hope. If you have caught the problem in time your chick has every chance and i wish you all the luck with it. Please dont hesitate to let us lnow if she makes it.🤞🤞
Thanks for your reply and so sorry for your chick. I just don’t know if 1 week is too late? We have her settled now and will see check again in a day. I just feel so terrible for her and don’t want her to suffer.

Attachments

• 99F62A19-12CC-4DCA-BCB4-074C2F73353B.jpeg
    99F62A19-12CC-4DCA-BCB4-074C2F73353B.jpeg
    460.3 KB · Views: 6

Thanks for your reply and so sorry for your chick. I just don’t know if 1 week is too late? We have her settled now and will see check again in a day. I just feel so terrible for her and don’t want her to suffer.
I hope you are able to help her.
I would monitor that lamp being so close, I would worry that she will overheat inside her sling, do you have a thermometer in her area?

Here's a couple of links that you may find helpful too.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/peachick-with-slipped-tendon.1092979/
http://www.poultrypedia.com/poultry-podiatry

Excellent information!! Thanks for the visuals. I have a chick whose knee got stuck in the metal grate at the store. The worker yanked her out! I have her in a sling now and need to wrap her knee up. I was worried about taking it off because the vet wrap does stick so well. My chick is older - born 4/18/22

Attachments

• IMG_3911.jpg
    IMG_3911.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom