Chick with possible Gape worms or Respritory issues???

Quote:
im not even real sure how much i should be giving her and how often.

I put a tube on the end of a syringe and injected it that way. She took down about 15ml so far. . she shook some out, but most appears to have went down.

Im going to attempt to do this about once every 1-2 hours.

since posting this. . my chicks health is failing more and more drastically each day

right now, she just sleeps. she wont eat. I have attempted to give her pills and terra vet in liquid form and she just throws it up, or shakes it out of her mouth.

at this point, im honestly thinking its more humane to just sever her brain and burry her. .

is there anything else i can try as far as home remedies before pulling the plug on her?

Could it be her crop? Maybe sour crop? My chicken went through this recently. Your chicken may be trying to vomit but I understand they can't really, you will have to help her. Try holding her head tipped down a bit away from you. (I would maybe straw or dropper give her water first.) Then, gently rub her crop and help her vomit. See if that might help. I thought my chicken was going to die going through what you are describing. After her crop was empty, I fed her just plain yogurt to get the good bacteria back in her system. When she was vomiting, I made sure to try to keep her cool and blow on her neck feathers and letting her rest inbetween on my tile floor. After vomiting she rested overnight and by the next day she way MUCH better.

Let me know if that works. Good luck!

Quote:
there is no foul smell, and the reason i dont think its her crop is because you virtually feel nothing in the crop. I think everything is digested, and shes not eating anything

right now, she has started trembling. . first time i have seen her do that. I just dont want this to keep going on for another week ya know

I just went thru something similar. 2 out of 10 eight week old chicks started gasping/gaping, and couldn't walk. It just got worse and I euthanized them. The only thing I could come up with was Aspergillosis.

Quote:
did you just sever the brain?

im not sure what a humane way is to kill it. . my uncle suggested just breaking its neck

Im not really attached to these birds, although it does suck seeing one die this soon since I rescued them after falling out of the back of a truck.

Quote:
there is no foul smell, and the reason i dont think its her crop is because you virtually feel nothing in the crop. I think everything is digested, and shes not eating anything

right now, she has started trembling. . first time i have seen her do that. I just dont want this to keep going on for another week ya know

My chcken's crop was empty too. It felt like a deflated balloon. She could not stand up and she just layed her head stretched out. She was also tweeking her neck kind of side to side almost like she was having convultions. So, it might be worth trying to give her water to help flush out anything icky bacteria wise left in her stomach at least and then see how she does with some rest. I'm sorry you are going through this. I know it is not easy. I thought for sure mine was going to die until she vomitted alot (including some blood) and got some rest.

Quote:

My chcken's crop was empty too. It felt like a deflated balloon. She could not stand up and she just layed her head stretched out. She was also tweeking her neck kind of side to side almost like she was having convultions. So, it might be worth trying to give her water to help flush out anything icky bacteria wise left in her stomach at least and then see how she does with some rest. I'm sorry you are going through this. I know it is not easy. I thought for sure mine was going to die until she vomitted alot (including some blood) and got some rest.

so far this is what i have been doing. .

#1 giving her terra-vet in liquid form. . didnt seem to be working well, so i gave her the antibiotic in pill form
#2 gave her apple cider vinegar diluted in water
#3 also have been giving her gator aid diluted in water, she feels very hot, and i was hoping it would help with dehydration
#4 i have been feeding her yogurt through a syringe, but she keeps vomiting it up along with all the other fluids i try to give her

should i just keep doing that for another day or so?

Quote:
did you just sever the brain?

im not sure what a humane way is to kill it. . my uncle suggested just breaking its neck

Im not really attached to these birds, although it does suck seeing one die this soon since I rescued them after falling out of the back of a truck.

Humane to me means as quick, stress free, and painless as possible. I cover their face and cut their head off. It's sad for me, but I feel the best way for the chicken.
I hope your chick improves.

Quote:

so far this is what i have been doing. .

#1 giving her terra-vet in liquid form. . didnt seem to be working well, so i gave her the antibiotic in pill form
#2 gave her apple cider vinegar diluted in water
#3 also have been giving her gator aid diluted in water, she feels very hot, and i was hoping it would help with dehydration
#4 i have been feeding her yogurt through a syringe, but she keeps vomiting it up along with all the other fluids i try to give her

should i just keep doing that for another day or so?

Back
Top Bottom