chick with swollen bum- **PIC ADDED** HELP PLEASE :D

Little one is still alive, but obviously getting picked on
hmm.png

I'm going to separate again tomorrow. Poor lil thing! Such a rough life already! Her bum is still swollen, and it takes her a while to poop...but it always ends up coming out.
Weird eh?

If she's getting picked on I'd seperate immediatley. They peck the skin, but when it starts to bleed, well... chickens aren't that sweet when something catches their eye. Not trying to scare, but I'd hate to hear they pecked up her vent ect ect.

We had a chick with horrid pasty butt and her vent was red and painful looking. Do the prep. h and keep an eye on it. What are they eating? I don't think oystershell will help, that gives calcium.

How about giving her some yogurt? Is to too young for that? Maybe a more experienced member can chime in on that idea. If she is constipated the yogurt might help her digestive system. I know my flock loves yogurt and cooked oatmeal. Just an idea.

Last time I tried offering yogart they didnt know what to do with it. LOL Maybe I'll try that again.

smile.png
Thanks everyone.

Is it swollen or is the inside of the vent sticking out? Mine has the same problem but with the inside of her vent sticking out after she poops! It feels like she has two bulky mass in her belly underneath. I've been giving her vegetable oil a couple times a day and this seems to be helping her some. She poops a massive one a little while after the oil! I'm not sure what it is that mine has either, but that is what seems to be working for mine....

Back
Top Bottom