Chick with weak legs

PoN7

In the Brooder
Jul 5, 2017
Ok so, according to the replies, it seems to be a vitamin b deficiency.

What are all the things I can do to help?

Last edited:
What are the symptoms? Usually if it occurs, it's in older laying hens that aren't getting enough calcium. It could happen in chicks, usually it's called rickets in younger birds, but it's rare if they're on a proper diet.

What are the symptoms? Usually if it occurs, it's in older laying hens that aren't getting enough calcium. It could happen in chicks, usually it's called rickets in younger birds, but it's rare if they're on a proper diet.

Can you post some photos?
What symptoms are you seeing - more information would be helpful:)
Type of food/treats?

Weak legs, droopy wings and a lot of sleeping. And he eats chick starter.
I think I left him indoors for too long. I didn't even know rickets existed until yesterday. :/

Attachments

• 20170917_103200.jpg
    20170917_103200.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20170917_102708.jpg
    20170917_102708.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 7
coccidia, mareks, dehydration,, vit deficiency. So many. We don't have enough info to help narrow it down. Where do you keep him? Out in the coop? Inside? Has he been exposed to outside ground? How many other birds? What does his poop look like? How long has he been like this? Is he eating/drinking? What have you tried so far to help him? Is his crop emptying? Have you checked him over for bugs? Is his vent clean and clear?

coccidia, mareks, dehydration,, vit deficiency. So many. We don't have enough info to help narrow it down. Where do you keep him? Out in the coop? Inside? Has he been exposed to outside ground? How many other birds? What does his poop look like? How long has he been like this? Is he eating/drinking? What have you tried so far to help him? Is his crop emptying? Have you checked him over for bugs? Is his vent clean and clear?

I keep him inside. He hasn't been exposed to the outside ground much. The only other birds I have are his parents. His poop looks fine and he's been like this for 2 days. He's eating and drinking fine. I've been letting him outside and putting vitamins in his water. His crop is emptying and he has a clean vent and no bugs.

Back
Top Bottom