Chick Withdrawel

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by nikevijo, Nov 7, 2009.

1. nikevijo

nikevijo HorseAholic

Apr 20, 2007
    Long Island NY
    Oh my! I am going through chick withdrawel. The incubators have been put away, all the babies have grown up and are outside. I NEED more babies.

2. jessierose

jessierose Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2009
    Me, too. I think I am about to order a little batch. I just MUST!

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I'm the opposite. My bator has been put away since the 4th of July. I cleaned it all up and sterilized it and have been staring at it while eggs pile up on the counter. Probably will plug it in tonight, and stock it tomorrow... It's like taking the first push off the double diamond slope... Should I?

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    But if you get chicks now, what will you have to dream about all winter? I alternate between the hatchery sites and the garden supply sites all winter.

5. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    Quote:[​IMG]

It's so nice to know I'm not alone! DH just rolls his eyes at me.

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I had chick withdraw so bad I'm hatching chicks in an apartment!!! And to think this would have almost been the first time in over 10 years without at least one set of chicks per calendar year. Fat chance!

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Well I'm blaming it on y'all. I just sent Teri @ Ideal a PM asking her when is the absolute earliest I can place my order for chick delivery in April, 2010. [​IMG]
    Oh and I also asked her how to go about ordering a couple silkies with the rest being standard and LF chicks. [​IMG]

I can already imagine the look on my huge ol' roosters face when he first spies a silkie. Once he figures out which end is up, that is. [​IMG]

8. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. nikevijo

nikevijo HorseAholic

Apr 20, 2007
    Long Island NY
    Quote:This morning I was out feeding breakfast and I heard chirping. At first I thought I was hearing things. When I went up to the loft to get hay for the horses I heard it again and louder. Ooh I knew I had babies somewhere, but where?? I searched through the 200 bales of hay and found 4 NN bantam babies! No more chick withdrawel for me! Its funny I just took a pic of momma a few days ago. She is always hanging out up above the stalls. I had no idea she was broody. I felt so bad taking the babies away from her, but they couldnt stay up in the hay, plus its getting really cold here.

This is Momma
    [​IMG]

10. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

What a wonderful surprise! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by