1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Chicken addiction is real

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by nlsf, Feb 28, 2017.

1. nlsf

nlsf Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2017
    I started out last year with my first 4 chicks. I was living in town so that was all I was aloud to keep. That summer I moved to the country where I have some acres meaning I could get more chickens! So I talked my fiancé into building me a bigger coop and run. Well, now it's spring so every chicken owner knows what that means... more chickens. So I added five new chicks and a year old rooster. Now I'm interested in getting specific breeds that interest me. My fiancé says I'm chicken obsessed and that this website has made me worse haha. He just doesn't understand chicken love.

2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Tell him the obsession is real!

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    We're all just a bunch of enablers here...you won't find anyone telling you to not get more chickens [​IMG]

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Tell him it could be worse.

chickens are way less expensive than shoes, or purses, or days at the spa, or diamonds [​IMG].

Plus, chicken ladies are so easy to score point with. All he needs to do is buy a bag of mealworms or something like that and you'll melt in his arms.

1 person likes this.
  5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    And shoes, purses and spa days won't put eggs on the table!

6. ChxLadyCass

ChxLadyCass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2017
    La Junta, CO
    Hahahaha that is so great!! I just came home at lunch from work today to find my boyfriend looking at scraps to build a brooder for the chicks I just ordered, and then he built new roosts in the coop that were so badly needed! I don't know how much more I will get out of him, but I know he loves me when he does ANYTHING for me and the chickens. [​IMG]

7. HomesteadingCox

HomesteadingCox Just Hatched

Mar 15, 2017
    Ontario, Canada
    Baha! My husband is the same! Everytime the order forms come to the door, I show him an ad for one or more... chicken adding could mean 10 ;) ... He looks at me like im insane, Now.. when the chicken collection pant-apron came.. or the construction of chicken swings... etc.. I swear he was ready to commit me! Haha, glad to see Im not the only one!

8. MargaretAnneHK

MargaretAnneHK Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Kellogg,Minnesota
    Chicken addiction. (face palm), I am incubating and just made a hatchery order. Is it a blessing or a curse lol?

9. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Just Hatched

Mar 9, 2017
    Princeton, Ontario
    Don't eeeeeven get me started. I've put just about every other responsibility of mine on the back burning for my birds. I have a house under ongoing renovations and construction and I'm building flipping chicken HOTELS!!! Spoiled little beep beepers...

But I love em' all. CRAZY! When I'm driving and see people's chickens, I'm probably a complete road hazard. "LOOK HON LOOK!" And then reel off the breeds. Lol...

10. ChxLadyCass

ChxLadyCass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2017
    La Junta, CO

Isn't it so nice to come here and realize it's not just you?! I have so many projects to complete outside but instead I'm following my flock around inspecting poo and perfecting my MHP! They are spoiled indeed but it feels so rewarding spoiling them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by