Chicken and duck safe plants

Lexbarlow

In the Brooder
Oct 7, 2020
I hope this is the right type of place to ask.
I'm wanting to put some plants, bushes in and around our chicken and duck enclosure.
Theres a bit of a rockery around the pond so id like some safe rockery plants to go in that if anyone has suggestions?

Also putting some veg and herbs around the outside that can overhang through the mesh so they can have some and we can pick some too.
The info on this is a bit contradictory that I've found so which ones do people have in 0r around there's please?

Also putting some veg and herbs around the outside that can overhang through the mesh so they can have some and we can pick some too.
The info on this is a bit contradictory that I've found so which ones do people have in 0r around there's please?
I trellis peas on the back of the run, and my chickens pick at the leaves as they grow through. They also like picking at the frond of carrots, so anytime I have carrots near their run they'll go and nibble at those.

Butterfly bushes! Safe for ducks and chickens, and has the added bonus of beautiful flowers that attract butterflies.

Back
Top Bottom