Chicken and turkey worming question

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by southernsibe, Oct 26, 2010.

1. southernsibe

southernsibe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2007
    kensington, maryland
    Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and respond. I am getting ready to worm with Wazine, I know it is only for roundworms, but I am using the hit softly first then hammer later method. The dosage is higher for turkeys, which I house with my chickens. Should I worm them individually with the Wazine, to which I have no idea what the dosage is, or put the higher (turkey) dosage in the water and let everyone drink from that?

Thank you
    Rachel

2. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    I have all my birds together too. I just hit them yesterday and added 2 ounces to 2 gal of water. Thats what I read. Who know, I might be wrong. Good luck!

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    If you read the directions on the back label and break it down for both turkeys and chickens, dosage is 1 ounce of wazine per 1 gallon of water. RedRoosterFarm...your dosage is correct (one ounce wazine per gallon of water.)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  4. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

After a lot of questioning whether to Wazine or not...I did it today finally and I think I did 5 ounces to a gallon of water??? what happens now that I gave them too much?

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Why did you use 5 ounces to a gallon? The directions are on the back of the bottle. Hopefully your chickens wont have a reaction. Discard the eggs in the garbage for 2 weeks.

6. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

no, no..I actually did 5 millilitres...as I am Australian I had to convert...so i guess I did 1 ounce to the gallon afterall.... duh! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by