Chicken ate an antidepressant. What do I do?

Hopefully it doesn't speed her up too much. Then again, their digestion turnaround is rather fast, so hopefully not a lot will go into her system. 🙏 For no serious internal injury. Glad you are taking action to keep her safe, but agree with @WallyG74. Look up child-proofing. They will try to eat anything that looks interesting, and their eyesight is very keen.

Happy chickens make happy eggs.
jurassic park dinosaur GIF

Assume she has overdosed on this med. These are the symptoms to expect.

Symptoms of Toxicity
In small dosing mistakes or minor overdoses, symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, anorexia, drowsiness, slight tremor, anxiety, tachycardia, and modest changes in blood pressure. Large overdoses, usually intentional, may produce mental status changes, delirium, seizures, and coma.

Assume she has overdosed on this med. These are the symptoms to expect.

Symptoms of Toxicity
In small dosing mistakes or minor overdoses, symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, anorexia, drowsiness, slight tremor, anxiety, tachycardia, and modest changes in blood pressure. Large overdoses, usually intentional, may produce mental status changes, delirium, seizures, and coma.
we're keeping a close eye on her. she's pretty vocal and reactive but she's calming down. but i'm gonna be up and monitoring her until the morning.

she's an inside chicken, partner got her as a pet, we take her outside daily when it's not too cold. The medication wans't on a high enough shelf and she jumped to grab the pack while I was busy. We didnt think she could jump that high to reach. So it's a bit of accidental negligence on placement of medication, but we're correcting it and moving other stuff too.
It's not your fault. Chickens can act dumb sometimes.

Well it's 5am now. She's still kicking but making what i can only describe as hiccups or noises that sound pitiful. But she's reactive and moving around. Still has an appetite. But it's been over 10 hours and she's very restless. Still definitely not normal

Back
Top Bottom