CHICKEN AUCTIONS

barred rock

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 6, 2008
calhoun falls south carolina
last night i went to a chicken auction in royston GA and bought a pair of BB red bantrams for 3$ and an arocona hen for 4.50 but the person i went with was a regular visitor and he said that the week before he bought a farely large set of stalls for 10$ and a sid thompson hen for 3 so is this a rare thing that i need to keep attending or is it just a regular.

Well there is allways a good deal at auctions sometimes its ducks or turkeys or what ever,you never know what the bidders will do.
sometimes things go for alot more depends on how bad someone wants something.
I go to one every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month cause its like a block away and have seen alot of good deals,if only i had more pens.I may not allways buy something but i get a idea how much things go for and what the bidders will bid alot for.

I've heard good things about the Royston auction. Still haven't made it there though. Was it mostly hens or were there chicks too? I have some chicks I may want to place in new homes! Not sure at this point if they are hens or roosters, so might be hard to sell.

Just a word of warning about going to auctions. First, the month long quarantine of the birds you get, what I'm always harping on. Secondly, when you come home, spray your shoes with a disinfectant and take off your clothes and wash them before you go near you birds or walk around your property. Actually, the same thing applies just going to feedstores about the shoes. You'd be surprised what you can track home with you. Dont want anymore heartache over sick birds that might be prevented. Back to your regularly scheduled discussion! Carry on...
smile.png

Last edited:
Where is this Auction located in Royston and what day please?

last night i went to a chicken auction in royston GA and bought a pair of BB red bantrams for 3$ and an arocona hen for 4.50 but the person i went with was a regular visitor and he said that the week before he bought a farely large set of stalls for 10$ and a sid thompson hen for 3 so is this a rare thing that i need to keep attending or is it just a regular.

Last edited:
Well there is allways a good deal at auctions sometimes its ducks or turkeys or what ever,you never know what the bidders will do.

sometimes things go for alot more depends on how bad someone wants something.

I go to one every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month cause its like a block away and have seen alot of good deals,if only i had more pens.I may not allways buy something but i get a idea how much things go for and what the bidders will bid alot for.
[/quote Do you have address for the auction in Royston ga?

Back
Top Bottom