Chicken Babies

G-Ma

Hatching
7 Years
Jul 5, 2012
My son and his family have chickens and they are gone this week to the mountains so I've been here with the chickens. They have an incubator with some eggs in it and on Tuesday evening I had to remove the automatic turner and place the eggs on the grate because they are supposed to hatch tonight. I looked at them before I went to work this a.m. no sign of any biddies. As soon as I got home I looked at them again thru the little window, could see nothing moving, but I could hear some chirping. I knew there were some eggs toward the front that I could not visualize thru the window so I lifted the lid just a little and one egg had a small hole and you could see movement in there, I am so excited, I think I am going to have some chicken babies before morning, at least one anyway!!! Do you have any chicken hatching or biddie tales to tell? Please share!

Awesome!!!! What kind are they?
Hatching is so exciting
wee.gif

I have six eggs set that are due to hatch Saturday!
fl.gif

I don't know, never really paid much attention to them until they were my responsibility and I heard them chirping then saw that one working to get out of the shell. Now I want to know everything about them!

Back
Top Bottom