chick pipping a week before hatching

RueDornai

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2022
I left my chickens for about 3 days and when I came home my rooster was dead. I decided to take the 22 eggs that accumulated while I was gone and stuck them in an incubator. Now 7 days out from hatching one of the eggs is chirping! What should I do? I stopped the automatic egg turner but the eggs should have 7 more days to go. should I take.the egg turner out? Can the chick hatch with the egg turner in place?

I left my chickens for about 3 days and when I came home my rooster was dead. I decided to take the 22 eggs that accumulated while I was gone and stuck them in an incubator. Now 7 days out from hatching one of the eggs is chirping! What should I do? I stopped the automatic egg turner but the eggs should have 7 more days to go. should I take.the egg turner out? Can the chick hatch with the egg turner in place?
What is the temperature and humidity in the incubator? What has it been at? My guess is that it is just a tad bit too high, but im not an expert on hatching. Can you post a few pictures of the set up?

Back
Top Bottom