CHICKEN BATH DID WONDERS

SillyBird

In the Brooder
Sep 4, 2015
Nova Scotia
This is probably very boring to read, but I gave my meat king pet hen, Coconut, a much needed bath the other hot day, in a low rubber horse feed tub, and she loved it. She had a very dirty rear end (despite having a very clean coop). She sat there quietly and only flapped her wings once when she first went in. I didn't use much soap as I wasn't sure how it would go during the 'rinse cycle'...aka....how quietly she would sit there during the process...but just getting water on her underside/bum helped alot. She felt so much better afterwards. That dear hen even just sat there in the 'rinse' water tub when I left her for a second to get a towel. (The water of course was only a few inches deep). After this experience, she was more comfortable with me scratching her around her neck and head...couldn't believe it. She is a dear hen and I honestly think she truly appreciated the bath. ****...I LOVE that hen. Wish I had gotten a photo of her sitting in the water. : )

8MerryHens

Chirping
Jun 27, 2016
Iowa
Enjoyed your post about Coconut's first bath! Sounds like she enjoyed her time in the tub!
smile.png

SillyBird

In the Brooder
Sep 4, 2015
Nova Scotia
Me too...being a meat king she is definately on borrowed time. Every time she gets a tad 'off' I think, is this it? She has brought such joy to my life. : )

Top Bottom