Chicken block swap due June 15th

I saw some like that too but thought they probably wouldn't go because this is a quilting group, but I don't know. I might add one or two of those to my finished quilt.

I guess its up to katsdar and everybody else whether to allow those or not.

Same here, I thought about adding a couple to my quilt, but didn't think they fit the "quilting" theme, and I didn't think I wanted to do 12 anyway! lol lol lol

I found this as I was site hopping and I got such a (kick) out of it that I had to share!
Tra-la+Tra+la+Dancing+Chickens+by+Leanna+Olmsted.jpg
someone put a lot of work into this beauty
Chickens+by+Linda+Tellesbo.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen the top one before but the big one is a pattern by Ryan MacKenna, keepsake Quilting have been selling it as a kit for several years.
You may have heard that we have bad floods here in the UK. We have no houses affected in our county but Majack has no electricity tonight as a tree has blown onto the line. The wind is terrible tonight with huge gusts and there's more wind and yet more rain tomorrow!
Kat, is there a box to tick on the customs form for "kitten" if there is send one over with our next blocks!

Spoiler alert!!!!!!

I think I have chosen the fabric for my blocks.

If I do the two blocks I have picked out, these will be the fabrics I use.

I am planning on making 6 of each one.

I found this as I was site hopping and I got such a (kick) out of it that I had to share!
Tra-la+Tra+la+Dancing+Chickens+by+Leanna+Olmsted.jpg
someone put a lot of work into this beauty
Chickens+by+Linda+Tellesbo.jpg

I saw those while I was looking for patterns too. The second one is a work of art, the first makes me smile.

@katsdar How are you doing? do you still have power? It sounds like GA is really in for it this time.

@ fenrosie I had not head about you weather this time I hope all is well with Majack and her father too. More time for quilting if you can't get anything done outside. I later found another 2 or 3 dancing chicken blocks, they still make me laugh when I see them. The second one I knew must have been a pattern,it is just such a beauty.

@Kassaundra love those colors I still have not decided yet. I have been trying to practice the paper piecing. The first one was basic and I did okay. The second one was more intricate and I made some size mistakes, plus you had to sew the 2 pieced sections together and that was far off..Well more practice for me.

I saw some like that too but thought they probably wouldn't go because this is a quilting group, but I don't know. I might add one or two of those to my finished quilt.

I guess its up to katsdar and everybody else whether to allow those or not.
I have some from other swaps and just recently was looking at them. I think I will collect all the red work and other such and put them together as I do not think they go with it as well but they sure are pretty. I have seen others who just add them to the mix like you are planning on doing.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom