Chicken block swap due June 15th

Maybe a redwork swap at some point...but use a small centre and a red or green (insert colour here) log cabin frame. ? Thst way you could do something small but perfectly formed and still cope with 12 blocks..
Be a pretty piece. ? Or lap quilt size.. a coloured frame set with plain sashing would be fun.

Maybe a redwork swap at some point...but use a small centre and a red or green (insert colour here) log cabin frame. ? Thst way you could do something small but perfectly formed and still cope with 12 blocks..
Be a pretty piece. ? Or lap quilt size.. a coloured frame set with plain sashing would be fun.

Red work center of a log cabin sounds cool, since traditionally the center block is suppose to be red to signify the heart at the center of the home.

Oh and you want to hear something ironic? I was thinking today about what I would crochet for the backer blocks for these chickens for the fusion quilt, and I had thought seriously about a crocheted log cabin w/ black/white/brights.

Last edited:
Maybe an actual heart could be incorporated into the redwork center? This new swap sounds like fun! Sign me up katsdar!
lau.gif

I haven't even chosen my blocks OR fabric for the current one.
gig.gif

I'm here and I still have power
fl.gif
but then my area is expected to get 4 to 8 inches of snow by morning, crazy, so if it snows that is good because then it is not ice, but south of us has been hit hard 200,000 are without power, too cold to be dealing with that. My friend heats her house with gas so if my power goes out I'm to go over there, but then I couldn't leave the dogs and the cats and the kittens, don't think she would appreciate it if I showed up with the whole heard but then bet I'd never get told to come over during a power outage. I do have a wood burning fire place I can utilized.

Have not heard about your weather in England, stay dry and warm. I hope Majack's power is not out for very long. I could try and send a kitty, but it may be a flat kitty by the time you get it. (Wouldn't it be funny if I had the money to fly a kitty to her she would be so shocked never to ask again
ep.gif
lau.gif
good thing we are just average normal (questionable) Americans.

love the fabrics and I'm with you I don't think I'd want to do 12 blocks of red work, but it would really go fast as embroidery is pretty fast.

I'm here and I still have power
fl.gif
but then my area is expected to get 4 to 8 inches of snow by morning, crazy, so if it snows that is good because then it is not ice, but south of us has been hit hard 200,000 are without power, too cold to be dealing with that. My friend heats her house with gas so if my power goes out I'm to go over there, but then I couldn't leave the dogs and the cats and the kittens, don't think she would appreciate it if I showed up with the whole heard but then bet I'd never get told to come over during a power outage. I do have a wood burning fire place I can utilized.

Have not heard about your weather in England, stay dry and warm. I hope Majack's power is not out for very long. I could try and send a kitty, but it may be a flat kitty by the time you get it. (Wouldn't it be funny if I had the money to fly a kitty to her she would be so shocked never to ask again
ep.gif
lau.gif
good thing we are just average normal (questionable) Americans.

love the fabrics and I'm with you I don't think I'd want to do 12 blocks of red work, but it would really go fast as embroidery is pretty fast.

The last report I heard about weather and England was massive floods.

We may have to think about the log cabin red work center that sounds pretty

Red work could be super simple. Maybe a 4" centre block, small enough for hearts and flowers...or chicky babes..I have heart of the home in my head now. My question is, hoe do you know the dye wont run off the thread?

Red work could be super simple. Maybe a 4" centre block, small enough for hearts and flowers...or chicky babes..I have heart of the home in my head now. My question is, hoe do you know the dye wont run off the thread?
You could put your thread in a lingerie bag and wash it before hand to be sure.

Would the block size be 12"?

I designed my redwork last night and I think I will need at least a 6" inner block as I don't want to make it really small. Heart of the home hu? Is that a house with a heart inside? You could put a chicken inside the heart too!
wink.png

This is a picture of the new yard cat that came free with the new sofa.......
The man that delivered it told us his wife bred Bengalis and how much they were! I told him I wasn't up for paying over £300 but if they ever had one they wanted to turn loose they could bring it down! His name is Monty and he is just over a year, my daughter says he is "special needs"!! He has calmed down a lot and loves to be fussed now. He even caught a mouse today so there is hope!

Back
Top Bottom