Chicken Breed Focus - Aseel/Asil

They are not difficult at all. They are a bit aggressive towards other hens.so just keep them separated (adults only)
Otherwise the chicks will learn to live.together if you keep them together after hatching
And.if you want them to be very active, hatch them under a aseel hen. They're good mothers. I've hatched some Silkie chicks under it and they are no less than aseels. :D
. I don’t know were your info comes from but as to chicks living together I’ve not found that to be true. As young as 1 month old they will get into terrible chick fights then get into more fights in a couple of days ruining each other if not separated. Even hen hatched they will fight early and the hen will do nothing. If your Aseel chicks don’t fight then you don’t have real Aseel. Not trying to offend just that I’ve had true Aseel over35 years and this is from experience. Thanks

Yes you can pair them up, but I keep separated unless I’m breeding. They will stay in good feather if kept alone As the cock isn’t topping her all the time. Sisters can be kept together if raised together but once separated for some time they will usually fight for dominance and ruin each other When put back with each other. These are gamefowl and require a different approach in raising and housing...

Yes you can pair them up, but I keep separated unless I’m breeding. They will stay in good feather if kept alone As the cock isn’t topping her all the time. Sisters can be kept together if raised together but once separated for some time they will usually fight for dominance and ruin each other When put back with each other. These are gamefowl and require a different approach in raising and housing...
Okay thanks. I knew that same sexes weren't a great idea when matured, just wasn't sure about pairs. Do they need a higher protein than laying flocks? I'm trying to learn what I can so I'm prepared when I finally have an opportunity to look for some

@Uzair Ahmed I think "difficult" compared to the average backyard breeds, I understand Aseels need a bit more management and know-how.

I'm trying to picture those like-Aseel-Silkies… I'm having this crazy mental image of some active, aggressive little fluff balls
lol.png
Hello one of my post is asking about aseel sub breeds so can you please help me identify them.One good thing is that I know that they Re purr and not mixes so it will be easier to identify

I have buff orpingtons and plan to sell orange fluffy and chubby chick's will adding an asil rooster ruin their looks and their size? People have asked if I sell the hens because they they are fat and good looking. I want to rooster to protect them from dogs and neighboring roosters.

I have buff orpingtons and plan to sell orange fluffy and chubby chick's will adding an asil rooster ruin their looks and their size? People have asked if I sell the hens because they they are fat and good looking. I want to rooster to protect them from dogs and neighboring roosters.
Yes. Very different body shapes

Back
Top Bottom