Chicken Breed Focus - Cochin

My two Cochins should make beautiful chicks

I've been trying to get my Cochin hen to go broody she has been laying an egg a day for the last 7 days I have left the eggs in the nest and the only time I see her there is when she lays another egg should I pick up the eggs and store them till she goes broody

I've been trying to get my Cochin hen to go broody she has been laying an egg a day for the last 7 days I have left the eggs in the nest and the only time I see her there is when she lays another egg should I pick up the eggs and store them till she goes broody

Yes. Otherwise, if they are fertile, embryos will be developing and then quit and then rot, or if their infertile, they will go rotton, attracting predators. Get some make eggs(or blow out your own) and put them in the nest. Golf balls work well too.

Good luck with your hen.

i have one rooster and one hen blue Cochin. As soon as the hen lays an egg the rooster pecks it until he breaks it then they both eat it. How do I stop this? I'd love to have some babies out of them.

I have a black frizzle rooster in with two black hens, two white hens, and one blue hen. Also have 12 cochin chicks two whites, two splash, one blue, two golden laced, one silver laced, three either mottled or barred and one patridge

Back
Top Bottom