Chicken Breed Focus - Dutch Bantam

One of my absolute favorite breeds! I completely adore my girls and desperately want more. They're seriously the sweetest birds, in my experience. I hope to find more soon.

Last edited:
Here's some pictures of my dutch bantam from years ago, Clark

Clark (2).jpg
Clark3.JPG
Clark4.JPG
Clark5.JPG

Hi! By any chance, did you notice that important fluffiness right in front of his tail ever gone during a light molt and then returning? I worry that my girls fluff won't come back and I know that's an important trait that true Dutch Bantams carry.

No idea, sorry. This was years ago. His legs look pink in those photos. He was pretty sweet :)

He was a beautiful bantam but not a pure Dutch. The earlob has too much red, the legs are not blue, and the tails of the Dutch roosters should be longer. Btw the white fluf is lovely , its not a must have Dutch fluf.

-FJZx__mus7aY17zs6Zo-IuMlY47lB25MpE4tBTp80mFZeT44HlM78H0Iy77gxKyz_ZXiaQZMPbwOM3CtH-I3wmOwTdM5qAI9QaT5kQmpMM36tfFoJSeqIU0

P.s This is more how a Dutch should look like. Source a Dutch breed association for Dutch

It seems very hard to get pure bred Dutch in the US and the big hatcheries seem to sell some kind of small mix Bantams as Dutch.

Last edited:
He was a beautiful bantam but not a pure Dutch. The earlob has too much red, the legs are not blue, and the tails of the Dutch roosters should be longer. Btw the white fluf is lovely , its not a must have Dutch fluf.

-FJZx__mus7aY17zs6Zo-IuMlY47lB25MpE4tBTp80mFZeT44HlM78H0Iy77gxKyz_ZXiaQZMPbwOM3CtH-I3wmOwTdM5qAI9QaT5kQmpMM36tfFoJSeqIU0

P.s This is more how a Dutch should look like. Source a Dutch breed association for Dutch

It seems very hard to get pure bred Dutch in the US and the big hatcheries seem to sell some kind of small mix Bantams as Dutch.
Shrug doesn't really matter to me to be honest. I didn't even know what breed he was till somebody told me that's what he was. This was years ago anyways. Never really cared about things being "pure" or not you know? Thanks though for the info :)

Shrug doesn't really matter to me to be honest. I didn't even know what breed he was till somebody told me that's what he was. This was years ago anyways. Never really cared about things being "pure" or not you know? Thanks though for the info :)
True. Its way more important that he was a nice fellow. And the rooster in the pic is a price winner. Most Dutch are way less perfect. I had a pyle coloured Dutch 6 years ago. He was a beauty but I couldn’t keep him because he was too noisy.
FFA297A0-F10C-4826-AFB6-67695A354258.jpeg

@BDutch i know that my girls aren't SOP or anywhere close, but are these pullets a recognized color? If so, what color are they considered? Both of these pullets hatched under my broody silkie on June 19th. I believe they're coming into POL. Of course they're not pictured in their natural stance, so please overlook that. I can get more natural pictures during the day. The white one is Buffy who's holding steady at 15.5ozs and the black one if Beatrice that looks smaller but weighs 16.5ozs. I'm guessing they're probably on the large size for Dutch Bantams. I absolutely adore these girls so much

I'll post a picture of Beatrice in the next post. Having internet issues with uploading
20201206_182029.jpg

Back
Top Bottom