Chicken Breed Focus Rhode Island Red

I LOVE MY RED MY RHODE ISLAND RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pros: they are funny, awesome, pretty, nice, mine can be walked and she is the alpha for my 2 polish since they can't really see.
cons: they can make HUGE poops.
But over all i would still would give the rhode island red 10 stars!!!

Last edited:

Here are two of my rir Henry is the roo we haven't really named the hens. I originally got them because my father and mother in law liked brown eggs and recommended this breed then two weeks later went to an auction and there they were among a few others so I grabbed them up before they could even get to the auction block... I've been breeding and egg collecting since
I really enjoy my rir they have such independent personalities... And my roo will protect his girls fiercely from all predators I've seen him chase off a few much larger then himself I just love the guy

I kept a few Reds (hatchery quality) awhile ago in South Africa. I had to rehome them all since we moved, but I loved the breed and would recommend them to anyone. Here are some of my old flock:

Rhode Island Reds are my favorite breed! They're sweet, funny, loud, pretty, full of personality, great free rangers, and all around wonderful birds. When I decided to get chickens I knew I wouldn't get any birds at all if I couldn't get the Reds. I have three hens and they constantly supply me with nice big brown eggs. I just can't rave enough about this breed!

I have two RIR's 6 1/2 months old, and a black Sex Link which is a RIR Hybred mix I guess. Very nice chickens and egg layers. Great Chickens!!:cd.

I had three Rhode Island Red sisters, hatchery quality but pretty and fun. I called them the Deanies, and they were always getting themselves into trouble. I ended up getting rid of one, but I still have two of them. They are curious and full of energy. I hope one day to get heritage Rhode Island Reds and Rhode Island Whites.

What made you decide to get this breed? The trio were in a mix batch from McMurray

Do you own them for fun? Breeding? Some other purpose? I keep them for a hobby and for eggs, though they do sometimes get their eggs hatched.

What are your favorite characteristics about this breed? They always like to get themselves into some kind of trouble, like getting stuck on the barn roof, but never into such bad trouble I have to worry. They are so curious and like to follow you around.

Here are my chickens, including two of my RIRs (the darkest of the mix)

·

Back
Top Bottom