Chicken Breed Focus - Serama

Pics
I've been a BYC stalker for a while, but now that I've seen this thread I had to join. Serama are my FAVORITE breed of the few that I have. I only have a trio, and now 3 babies hatched from a first time broody.
And of my trio, one gal is of course the broody that just hatched, one is a pullet that was thrown in on some Polish I bought and I have no idea how old she is (her comb has just started turning red in the last month) but I found the cutest little egg in the grow out/juvie coop today and there is only her and one other pullet it could have been from. But I caught a juvie Polish boy 'attempting' to breed her a couple of times so hope she's the one starting to lay ♡

The teeny egg on the right (the others are Silkie and bantam for comparison)

Thank u all for your input. I knew she probably wasn't serama, but she doesn't carry herself like an OEGB either..but I agree, tthat's probably what she must be. The golden sebright I got at the same time crowed for the first time this week..adorable ! And now after looking at all the gorgeous pics of your seramas..u all have me hooked on yet ANOTHER breed, lol..hope to get some from u all as soon as big coop done...grrrrr, lol

Hands down, seramas are one of the best chicken breeds. They have awesome personalities and come in so many colors. I have several, including a frizzled and just hatched out 2 serama/cochin chicks since a bantam cochin hen was adopted by the group after her flock mates were killed.
X2!

Back
Top Bottom