Chicken breed

Olive Eggers. I personally view Easter Eggers as having to possess slate legs, a beard and a muff.

EEs can lay any color eggs and look like anything.

The Ameraucana/Araucana-derived version *often*, but not always, have beards, muffs, pea combs and/or green legs.

The Legbar-derived version don't.

Olive Eggers have dark-brown layer genetics and *may* have telltale feathered feet from French Marans ancestry -- or they may not if the Marans in their background was the clean-legged type or if their dark-layer ancestry was Welsummer instead.

EEs can lay any color eggs and look like anything.

The Ameraucana/Araucana-derived version *often*, but not always, have beards, muffs, pea combs and/or green legs.

The Legbar-derived version don't.

Olive Eggers have dark-brown layer genetics and *may* have telltale feathered feet from French Marans ancestry -- or they may not if the Marans in their background was the clean-legged type or if their dark-layer ancestry was Welsummer instead.
Easter Eggers don't have any standard (at least that's what I hear) so I kind of made up my own in my mind (muffs, beards, slate legs, etc.), but am I incorrect and they do some some type of standard? Just curious!

Easter Eggers don't have any standard (at least that's what I hear) so I kind of made up my own in my mind (muffs, beards, slate legs, etc.), but am I incorrect and they do some some type of standard? Just curious!
I had EE without slate legs, muffs or beards. Its the coloring that made them the EE.

There is no standard.

There are different types of EE based on whether they are Ameraucana-derived or Legbar-derived.

Back
Top Bottom