Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Pics
Hi everyone I'm breeding Sussex , Australorps, Orpingtons, Brahma,s , Wyandotte bantams and Pekins in a whole bunch of colours for exhibition , I'm living in the Freestate near Bloemfontein absolutely love my chooks!!!!!

Ok so I've decided to add a new colour to my Pekin collection blue Columbian , Added a blue rooster with some Columbian hens and just set the first 11 eggs of my project hope everything goes well! :)

Ok so I've decided to add a new colour to my Pekin collection blue Columbian , Added a blue rooster with some Columbian hens and just set the first 11 eggs of my project hope everything goes well! :)
if you ever come to jhb please let me know. I am desperately trying to find columbian pekins.

you are going to have to hatch hundreds to get Blue Columbian, from the f1 cross your chances are still only about 2/128. Good luck though and keep us posted.

Last edited:
Hi. Been lurking on BYC for months now. Vaal Triangle. Keeping Koekoeks and Australorps at the moment.

Ok so I've decided to add a new colour to my Pekin collection blue Columbian , Added a blue rooster with some Columbian hens and just set the first 11 eggs of my project hope everything goes well!
smile.png

Let me add a bit more info here,

First generation cross from a blue to a columbian will give you 50/50 blue and black, for blue columbian you will need to just use the blue f1.

Crossing the blue offspring together will give you blue, splash, black and some others.

The chances of getting blue columbian from that cross will be 2/128 or a 1.5625% chance for a pullet.
And the 24/128 or 4.6875% chance for a cockerel.

The majority of offspring you will should see will be
black - 18.75%
blue - 37.5%
splash - 22.65% (about)

Back
Top Bottom