Chicken burial...

I am very sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose one of your babies. For my most treasured birds, I usually put them in a box with their favorite toys and bury them under the tree out front. However you can do what ever you feel is best for you and your family.

I prefer cremation , if there is any concern about disease .of course if your in the middle of summer it might not be possible. We had to bury one of our horses recently, boy wish we never had to do that again.
1f61e.png

I am very sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose one of your babies.  For my most treasured birds, I usually put them in a box with their favorite toys and bury them under the tree out front. However you can do what ever you feel is best for you and your family.

My family didn't really care what happened to her... Only me... Me and that chick have been through a lot together... She got wry neck about 1 month ago and we didn't get anything for it, so she lived in the house till she recovered, when she was almost recovered she hopped out of her pen and ran off for the night... When she came back in the morning, she had a lung infection and my parents wouldn't do anything, so I tried the best I could to feed her and water her.
It worked for awhile then today she couldn't do anything except move her feet. I forced her to eat and drink and when I posted the top post, I thought she was gone but right now she might still be alive I checked on her at 8:30 and she was the same as earlier today... I can't believe she's probably gone.
She was a 3month old brahama named wavy :(

I prefer cremation , if there is any concern about disease .of course if your in the middle of summer it might not be possible. We had to bury one of our horses recently, boy wish we never had to do that again.
1f61e.png

Around where I live, there's a pet cremation place. I'm not sure if they charge anything... I really hope not, or my family would just throw her in the woods :(

Perhaps you could wrap her in a cloth and bury her in the garden. Sorry you lost one of your little ones!

Right now I'm making a coffin for her, it's a garbage bag box that i'm decorating with copper and purple nail polish. And I think I'll bury her under her favorite bush that grows these beautiful pink flowers!

I bury my deceased pets as deep as possible then plant either a tree or a flowering plant of some kind. That way every time I see the plant I'm reminded of my pet.

Back
Top Bottom