Chicken Cam

I love my girls . I picked up 9 more

Attachments

• E56B09D9-A4FE-4893-836C-3D2423B0AE0D.png
    E56B09D9-A4FE-4893-836C-3D2423B0AE0D.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 7
I have a few Wyze cameras around my coops and yard. Only $20-30 each, depending what model you get. There is a free app to view them, they work on WiFi. If you ad a micro-SD card, they also record, and you can review footage at any time. No subscription or anything else to pay for.

I move them around occasionally too, like when a broody is with chicks, etc. First pic is in my pigeon pen, the top box has a new pair of squabs. I like to make sure the parents are feeding them. :D

I also have a couple focused over my yard where I can check for predators and such.
38E1756C-92A2-4B03-8444-A55927E75E15.png
EBCF03BC-612F-4A90-9EC7-4506F8269E22.png

I have a few Wyze cameras around my coops and yard. Only $20-30 each, depending what model you get. There is a free app to view them, they work on WiFi. If you ad a micro-SD card, they also record, and you can review footage at any time. No subscription or anything else to pay for.

I move them around occasionally too, like when a broody is with chicks, etc. First pic is in my pigeon pen, the top box has a new pair of squabs. I like to make sure the parents are feeding them. :D

I also have a couple focused over my yard where I can check for predators and such.
View attachment 1998551 View attachment 1998552

How are those powered?

How are those powered?

Regular electric. I have extension cords run all over the place. :lol:
Last I read, they were working on wireless ones.
The initial setup has to be done close to your router, then you can unplug it and plug it back in, anywhere within range of your signal. I added a WiFi extender/booster to get out to my coops.

I utilize Arlo wireless battery powered cameras. There is a base station that attaches to the internet router in your house and then you synchronize the cameras to the base station. There is an app then that you use to see the cameras from your phone, tablet or a website for your computer.

If you decide to go the Arlo route, get a base station with as many cameras as you think you MIGHT want. They are cheaper as a pack and can get pricey one or two at a time. Set up was really easy.
so this works if your *wifi doesn’t reach all the way out at your coop?

Regular electric. I have extension cords run all over the place. :lol:
Last I read, they were working on wireless ones.
The initial setup has to be done close to your router, then you can unplug it and plug it back in, anywhere within range of your signal. I added a WiFi extender/booster to get out to my coops.
i had some trouble finding a booster that works. which one do you use?

Like @BY Bob I use Arlo cameras (I got them based on his recommendation).
I use them in the Chicken Palace and my princesses are fully aware and regularly pose for the camera.
I also use them outside to monitor predators.
And just this week I had the novel idea to use them for home security (why didn’t I think of that earlier?!).
:lau
The new ones can work direct to WiFi without the base station but the base station ones are better it seems to me and you can run an Ethernet cable from your router to the base station and therefore have the base station nearer the chickens. I am considering running Ethernet to the Chicken Palace and having the base station inside.
A few coop cam pictures

BCD54A21-4CA9-4352-A4AA-1B413A300F2A.jpeg
264F8717-405D-4C9A-BBBF-E46734471179.jpeg
191AFEEF-91DA-4F10-873A-DF7D977956B0.jpeg
AF96A5BB-0295-4285-BAA6-97402D663911.jpeg

Like @BY Bob I use Arlo cameras (I got them based on his recommendation).
I use them in the Chicken Palace and my princesses are fully aware and regularly pose for the camera.
I also use them outside to monitor predators.
And just this week I had the novel idea to use them for home security (why didn’t I think of that earlier?!).
:lau
The new ones can work direct to WiFi without the base station but the base station ones are better it seems to me and you can run an Ethernet cable from your router to the base station and therefore have the base station nearer the chickens. I am considering running Ethernet to the Chicken Palace and having the base station inside.
A few coop cam pictures

View attachment 2987175View attachment 2987176View attachment 2987180View attachment 2987181
is that snow? it looks like sugar 😂

Back
Top Bottom