CHICKEN CHOKING PLEASE HELP

fanynany

Songster
Aug 22, 2020
Texas
my 6 year old chicken seemed sad and i see and realized she’s choking, i can’t see her tongue, it seems to be in her neck, she’s gagging but she’s been like this for 20 minutes, i tried massaging her to make throw up but i don’t know what to do please help

5C3A11DB-6008-4F1A-B488-0126B5EFB308.jpeg

my 6 year old chicken seemed sad and i see and realized she’s choking, i can’t see her tongue, it seems to be in her neck, she’s gagging but she’s been like this for 20 minutes, i tried massaging her to make throw up but i don’t know what to do please help
Ack! Ok.
What has she been eating recently? Can you elaborate on what behaviors she's exhibiting?

Ack! Ok.
What has she been eating recently? Can you elaborate on what behaviors she's exhibiting?
im not sure she was roaming around the house, she could’ve eaten anything but she’s been eating feed, she’s gasping for air, i can’t see her tongue

Try to see if she has a string or a hair wrapped around her tongue, and it is pulling her tongue down her thoat. You can sometimes snip the string or hair and free the tongue. I hope you can save her. I will check back in the am.

im not sure she was roaming around the house, she could’ve eaten anything but she’s been eating feed, she’s gasping for air, i can’t see her tongue
Why was she roaming around the house? I know this is stressful and this probably doesn't help;, but you REALLY can't let young chicks wander freely, or....THIS could happen.

Back
Top Bottom